Homeowners’ Insurance in Missouri
At Professional Insurance & Financial Services in Ozark, Missouri, we provide a wide range of home insurance coverage to homeowners throughout the state, and we have been doing so for years. Whether you own a single-family home, a condo or a family farm, reach out to our independent insurance agency today to make sure you properly insure your home.
The Basics of Home Insurance
Home insurance provides protection for your home in the event of a loss. Your insurance policy includes personal property insurance protections as well as liability insurance for what may happen in or around the home.
Covered losses can include:
- Your house (or condo or apartment)
- Your contents, or personal possessions
- Loss of use, meaning additional living expenses if you are forced to live elsewhere while your home is being repaired or rebuilt
- Related structures, such as your garage or a shed
- Liability, should you be sued and potentially found guilty of negligence
- Medical payments, should someone get injured on your property and need medical care
A note for new home buyers: If you are seeking to obtain a mortgage on your house, your lender will require you to purchase home insurance as a condition of the loan. This helps protect the bank if the home is destroyed during the life of the mortgage.
The Cost of Homeowners’ Insurance
The cost of home insurance often depends on what it would cost to replace the house and which additional items are attached to the policy. The cost will also depend on the limit of liability you choose.
Kimberly Lankford, author of The Insurance Maze says, “Home insurance discounts vary from company to company, but ask your home insurance independent agent if any of the following can help lower your price: several years without filing a claim, homeowners and auto insurance with the same company, being a non-smoker, home-security systems and deadbolt locks, certain roofing materials, smoke detectors and fire alarms, a home that is less than ten years old, or jewelry kept in a vault.”
We can work with you to find ways to lower the cost of your coverage, from combining several policies together to shopping across several companies to compare rates and coverage.
As your dedicated independent agency, we can help you select the type of home insurance policy and classes of coverage that are right for you.
Taking Care of Your Needs
We find it fulfilling to provide home insurance to families throughout the state, and we know we’re able to provide you with the information you need to make informed decisions on quality coverage.
Saving Money on Home Insurance
We can help you save money, both in up-front premium costs and in the long run, should you ever need to use your home insurance coverage. Be sure to remember these tips:
- “A large part of what you pay in premiums is determined by the amount of coverage you select. You want to be insured for an amount sufficient to rebuild your dwelling should it be destroyed. However, many people make the mistake of insuring an amount equal to the entire value of the property, including the land. Thus they are paying more than they have to for protection,” Ralph Nader says.
- “Everyone should raise their deductible to at least $1,000. You’ll save money in premiums,” Kimberly Lankford suggests.
- “Be sure to purchase a guaranteed-replacement-cost policy. Under this type of policy, the company guarantees to pay whatever it takes to fully replace your home,” Ralph Nader advises. This coverage is not offered in every state or by every insurance company.
Insurance needs and laws are complex. Coverage varies wildly from company to company. Laws are vastly different from state to state. As your independent agent, you can rest assured that we know the laws and companies that provide coverage options. We can help you match what you can afford to pay with a prudent insurance plan.
Contact Us for a Free Home Insurance Quote
Don’t try to handle your home insurance needs without an insurance independent agent you trust. Contact Professional Insurance online or call us at 417-581-5818 to learn how we can help you and to request your free homeowners insurance quote.